Ledbury Plant Hire understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of ourclients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with ourobligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Us
Ledbury Plant Hire.
Registered address: 8 The Swallow, Wellington Heath, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 1NA.
Member of CPA (Construction Plant Hire Association)
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that weuse is set out in Part 5, below.
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which wewill always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about ourcollection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access the personal data.
- The right to have your personal data rectified.
- The right to be forgotten.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to ususing your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about ouruse of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Contact details ( Your address (if it’s where the business is based) Billing Address (if different), Email address, Telephone number(s))
- Company Details (company name, address, web domain, email, phone numbers(s))
- Payment information (business name, customer name, address, amount, paid in).
- Technical Data – Logins details, IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Website Usage (via google analytics)
- Reviews of our service – on Google, Facebook (this data is controlled by Facebook and Google)
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, wemust always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for ourperformance of a contract with you or because you have consented to ouruse of your personal data. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Supplying our services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Records of Invoicing or payment transactions.
- We analyse the use of Our Site to enable us to continually improve the Site and your user experience.
- We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. (The lawful basis for holding this would be contractual and by consent for Analytics based data)
- Social media – Facebook/ Instagram – This may include responding to direct messages. – When instigated by customer or potential customer.
7. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
Wewill not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- For tax purposes the law requires to keep information about our customers (Contact, Identity, Financial & Transaction Data for 7 years after you stop being a customer)
- Contact Details for general communication (email, mail or call notes) will be deleted within 6 months of enquiry, or when no longer required.
8. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
The security of your personal data is essential to us, and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- All Devices used to access details are password protected, with up to date internet security software and where available Two Factor authentication.
- Our website has industry standard SSL to encrypt data from our site.
- Your personal data is not stored on our website, it is merely transmitted to us via email and stored on our email service and our contact management system on devices.
- Communication Data is stored on our Email servers / cloud storage / Mobile phone
- Payment details – Bank transfers.
- Website security – Protects sites from access by anyone without permission to get on the site- and being able to add potentially harmful files on the site.
9. Do You Share My Personal Data?
Wewill not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the exception as stated below and for performance on this contract.
In some limited circumstances, wemay be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we areinvolved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
For performance of this contract we may need to provide your personal data to the following:
- Web-designer – provides technical support and site security.
- Companies who will provide a service for your site eg. website security, cookie management, analytics.
- Social media (including Facebook & Instagram) Any data entered onto these systems the data is controlled by the platform and not Floor styles. Please be careful what information you provide on them.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, ourobligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
11. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data wehave about you, you can ask usfor details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses as stated in this Notice.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it.
12. How Do I Contact You?
To contact usabout anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email address: email@example.com.
Telephone number: 01531 630096.
Postal Address: 8 The Swallow, Wellington Heath, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 1NA.
This policy was last updated on 5th Jun 2019 but will be reviewed and updated in accordance with changes to my business.